Saturday, June 14, 2014

VBS Review

Hey guys! I'm back. Last week was pretty busy so I didn't get a chance to post... SORRY. But anyway, today we will be talking about Vacation Bible School... VBS. This past week I went to my last year of VBS at Dauphin Way Baptist Church. I think it was amazing, probably one of the best years!

The theme was Agency D3, and there were songs, crafts, games, and drum roll please... snacks! Let me just say I love the sound track, the motions, and all the singing! We had a awesome theme song, which I now have stuck in my head, and great songs that went along with the lesson. 


So you might be wondering what "D3" stands for, even though it was our motto, I wasn't smart enough to realize it stood for Discover, Decide, Defend. During the week we talked about discovering God's word, Deciding if it were true compared to what other people said, and Defending our answer and God. And of course, they decorated the church. 

In Alexis' class (Alexis being my youngest sister), she made up a code, and had to "type" it in, and they "scanned" her hand with a bag full of frosting, and once she proved she was herself, she went through the "laser beams", that's awesome, right? My class had posters all over, and in the back of the room there was an "evidence locker", "laser beams", and all around the room were cameras that move, blink lights, and freak you out! 
For the kids below 5th grade, the crafts and snacks went along with the theme. Ashley and Alexis came home with "spy gear". Such as spy cameras, spy notebooks, and robots!
 My crafts did not go with the theme, but it was just as awesome. We did duct tape bible covers, cross key chains, and something else I can't remember. The snacks were just as great... or better. Below 5th grade kids' snacks were gummy worms and oreos in pudding, they had cupcakes, and cookies, and more! In my opinion, my snacks were better, we had corn dogs, nachos, pizza rolls, and every time there was a snack there were cookies!!! For "training" below 5th grade played games such as soaking sponge dodge ball, a smash and grab kind of game. Since my teacher claimed he has a certificate for playing simon says, we played that and balloon volleyball. 
There is a ceremony at the end of VBS with a hot dog dinner afterwards. 

This is basically all we did. We had so much fun... I hope to see you next year!!  

XO AnnaD