Saturday, November 8, 2014

Pumpkin Breakfast Cookies

Comfort food. Food. I have another post for you with food. I hope you don't mind! Yesterday I made these in the morning and everyone was asking for seconds! Of course, I mean, it's pumpkin! Why wouldn't someone want seconds? I hope you guys will like these, I do.

I did change this up a bit and added my own personal touch. I put in about three teaspoons of Maple Syrup. It definitely gave it an extra sweet taste. Also I did make up a glaze to drizzle on top and I'll give you the recipe for that too.  

Cookie:
  •  3 cups oats 
  • 1/2 cup brown sugar
  • 1/2 cup milk
  • 2 tablespoons butter
  • 2 eggs
  • 2 teaspoon baking powder
  • 3/4 teaspoon salt
  • 2 teaspoons vanilla
  • 1/2 teaspoon cinnamon
  • 3/4 cup canned pumpkin
  • 3 teaspoons of maple syrup
Glaze:
  • 1/2 cup powdered sugar
  • 2 tablespoons milk
  • 1/8 teaspoon allspice
  • sprinkle of ground ginger
  • 1/8 teaspoon ground nutmeg
  • 1/4 teaspoon cinnamon
  1. In a large bowl mix all ingredients for cookies together. 
  2. Drop by the spoonful onto greased cookie sheet.
  3. Bake at 350 for 9-10 minutes.
  4. Mix ingredients for glaze.
  5. Let cool for a few minutes on cookie sheet then remove from pan to cooling rack.
  6.  Pour glaze over the cookies. Serve these warm.
I encourage everyone to try these. They are truly truly amazing. I was saving the one in the picture, but it didn't last. I ate it. Try it, so easy, so yummy, yes! I feel like a T.V. show host. 

XO AnnaD