Tuesday, December 9, 2014

12 Days of Chevron: Day 9: Pin Cushion Jar

Welcome back to the 12 Days of Chevron series! Be sure to subscribe to Girls Love Chevron on bloglovin' and blogger! Read below to find another gift...

I have a few sewers in my family and they need or want pincushions. I found two really cute ideas, and I will be showing you how to do one. The other, a framed pincushion, I will give you the link for it  here.   

But anyway, the one I will be showing you how to make a pincushion jar. Now anyone related to me, please do not make this, it might end up being yours... so with that suddenness, let's get started!



What you need: 
  • 4x5 inch piece of fabric
  • 2x3 inch piece of fabric
  • hot glue gun
  • stuffing
  • small mason jar
  • scissors
Directions:

Pop out the center of the jar. Cut the 2x3 inch piece into a circle that will cover the center. Set aside. Put stuffing into the center of the largest piece of fabric. Put the inside of the lid on top of the stuffing. 


Trim the fabric so only an inch is left. 


Hot glue that leftover fabric to the jar. 


Pop out the lid again and glue the circle over the bottom (as shown below). 


Around the inside rim of the jar cap, push the cushion part back into the rim. As shown below. 




This post was more difficult to get across. I hope you get the message. If you have any questions just ask me. I filled the bottom of this with pins. You can put anything in the bottom, or just leave it. 
Thanks for reading, come back tomorrow for another gift.

XO AnnaD