Wednesday, January 7, 2015

Tips For the New Year

Hey guys!

I have had a wonderful 7 days of this New Year. Who watched the ball drop? It was over in a blink of an eye! You didn't really miss out if you didn't watch. If you went to Times Square, that's a different story. (It was probably a lot cooler.)

Anyways, i have for you today some tips I gathered over the year of 2014. I did gather more than this, I just cannot remember them all. Oh well. Most of these are from my trip as in packing and traveling. But there are also regular ones mixed in. So here they are:


  • When packing to leave for a trip, make a list of everything you bring. When you're packing to go home you can make sure everything is on that list. If anything is not I suggest finding it... :)
  • If you do not have access to a washer, wrap your dirty underwear in dirty socks. 
  • Get a planner with a calendar in it. I just got one for this year (it's chevron) and I think it will help me out a lot. It might help you too!
  • Don't rub your wrist together after applying perfume. It breaks the scent.
  • Use vaseline to remove mascara without smearing.
  • If you use a product for yourself from any store, and it doesn't agree with your skin take it back immediately.
  • Soak in epsom salt and lavender for 20 minutes once a week and feel really relaxed.
  • If your flats are giving you blisters, but you have or need to wear them, put the bandaids that are meant for your knees around your ankles. 
  • Use lotion in winter even if you don't have dry hands.
  • Even if your purse has a built in wallet, bring a wallet for backup. It will definitely come in handy.

I'm going home tomorrow. Please pray for nice weather. Outside it's 2 degrees and with the windchill, it's -13. I cannot wait for the sunshine and blue skies. Again, please pray, and have a great January! 

XO AnnaD