Monday, February 2, 2015

Double-Twist-Accent Hairstyle

Hi guys!

Today I have for you a hairstyle that will last you at least three days. I've done this to myself and my little sister. Doing the hairstyle takes about 7 minutes on yourself, and 15 on someone else.




You will need:

  • A comb
  • 8 small rubber bands (this is depending on how many sections you do)
  • A squirt bottle with water or detangling spray in it
  • An alligator clip
  • Topsy Tail tool ( (optional.) I am using my own homemade one!)
Directions:

First dampen your hair and comb out all of the knots and such. About four inches from your forehead, use your comb to pull back the hair on the back of your head into the clip. Second divide the hair on the sides into four sections. Then divide those sections in half. Use your comb, to get the fine lines this is crucial. Secure the section with a rubber band. 

Once all of the section are in rubber bands, you're going to want to loosen the ponytails so you can flip them. Slip the topsy tail tool through the hair. Put hair through the center and flip it. The hair will go under through the ponytail easily. Do the same thing to the back section but when you go to flip it, put in the first flipped ponytail in with the back one. When it flips, it will pull the front back out of your face and it will fall down your back with the rest of your hair. 

Repeat to the other ponytails. There are a lot of instructions to this hairstyle, but once you start, it'll be easy to finish. I did this to my sister's hair while she was watching a movie. So I got to take my time. We pulled her hair back into a ponytail while she gymnastics and let it when she was done. Very convenient! 


I love this hairstyle so much! I hope you do too. Be sure to check back in for more posts like this!

XO AnnaD