Thursday, April 16, 2015

2 Braided Hairstyles


My go to hairstyles always involve braids. I hate having the little wispys in my face, so usually I wear a really tight braid right on my hairline. I also have been loving the french or dutch braid into a bun. 

These are the braids are great for sports or second day hair. Especially to hide that greasy hair. Remember, if you have ideas for hairstyles, or requests for me to do a tutorial on, just let me know!

1. French Braid Half Headband
  • Start with a deep side part on either side of your head. 
  • Take a small sized section and split it into three sections. Make three stitches and then start pulling in hair. Everytime you cross over a piece tug the whole braid tight. This is what will keep the hair out of your face.
  • Stop the braiding at your ear and secure it with a rubber band. You can pull the rest into a ponytail, or leave it down.
2. French Braid into Bun
  • Start with a deep side on either side of your head.
  • Take a nice and thick section of your hair.
  • French braid down to your neck. Don't curve around, just down in a diagonal line.
  • Bring the rest of hair to the end of your braid and put it into twisted or messy bun. 
3. Dutch Braid into Bun
  • Repeat the same process as above, only instead of pulling hair into your braid bring it under. In this CuteGirlsHairstyles video, Baily dutch braids into a ponytail, it's the same concept.


Experiment with these hairstyles and let me know what you come up with. Also! Check out CuteGirlsHairstyles on YouTube. They are my favorite hair channel by far. 

XO AnnaD