Tuesday, April 28, 2015

Apple Crisp and Rainy Days

Down here in Mobile, we have had a rainy two weeks. If anyone else has, I understand your misery. In reality, I love rain, but sometimes, when it lasts this long I start to feel worn out. Worn out of not doing anything. 


Finally today, the rain stopped and the sun came out. I am so happy! I took off my fluffy bedspread and put on my quilt, I put on makeup, I went through all of my winter clothes, all of which make me feel very satisfied. I even made an Apple Crisp guys! 

But guess what, I think it is going to rain again! Nooooo! I'll have to figure some stuff to do in the rain. 

Anyways, I have a recipe for you guys today. Basically the idea of a pie and a cobbler mixed together. An Apple Crisp is a dessert best served with vanilla ice cream and that can and has been known to be eaten for breakfast. Yey! 

With no shame, the people in this house did not wait for after dinner to eat this amazing dessert. To tide us over for Jambalaya, we had our Apple Crisp for a snack. Again, yey!



Apple Crisp:

Apples mixture:
5 1/2 c apples peeled and sliced thin
1 T lemon juice
3 T flour
1/2 t cinnamon
1/4 t nutmeg
1/4 t salt
Topping:
1/2 c brown sugar
3/4 - 1 c flour
1/2 c oatmeal
1/4 - 1/2 c melted butter

Directions:
Mix apples, lemon juice, flour, cinnamon, nutmeg, and salt until evenly mixed. Mix brown sugar, flour, oatmeal, and butter in small bowl until crumbly. Sprinkle topping on apples and bake at 375 degrees F for 40 min. Serve with vanilla ice cream. 

Enjoy! 

XO AnnaD