Wednesday, April 8, 2015

DIY Bathing Suit Cover Up

Hey girls! I am starting a new series called Trash into Treasures. In this series we will take old stuff and make it new. Hopefully we will not have to buy anything considering the whole Trash part.

Today I am recreating this smock into a bathing suit cover.The smocks we keep in our house are all old T-shirts. I like the idea of using a smock because of the paint that is most likely on it. 

We will be cutting this thing up! Do not be afraid to use your scissors. I finished mine and the cut some more. I came up with the style for the cut, but there are several other ideas on pinterest. 

What you will need:

  • Old T-shirt (one or two sizes too big)
  • scissors
Directions:
Fold the T-shirt in half. Be careful to line up the edges, because you want the sides even. Starting at the bottom of the sleeve, cut off the sleeve. This making it a muscle tee, so you can pick how big you want your sleeves.  Next cut the band around the neck off. I also cut out triangles on either side of the shirt to make ties. If you do this: don't cut the space to big because this part of the shirt will stretch out. 

 My shirt is really graphic. It says: GRATEFULLY DEAD TO SIN, BUT ALIVE TO GOD IN CHRIST JESUS. I just love it! 






Finished product below!
 You can kind of see that it is going to puff out. I like this effect because I can make a band where it cinches at the waste. 

I really like this cover up I found on pinterest, and I might end up making this one as well. 
DIY Tie-Dye Swimsuit Cover-up - Click image to find more DIY & Crafts Pinterest pins

Another thing! You guys can follow me on pinterest now! Follow Girls Love Chevron (Shop). A lot of my ideas come from there so if you pin something you want me to make, send the link to me through the contact page or email me at girlslovechevron@gmail.com.

I hope you enjoyed this first post of Trash into Treasures. Come back later for more posts like this!

XO AnnaD