Thursday, May 21, 2015

With or Without Heat: Braid Waves

Welcome to With or Without Heat, my hair curling and waving series. This series will appear on Thursdays so come on by to learn new tutorials on how to curl your hair. We will use several different techniques, and several different products. If you have any questions or ideas you can contact me at girlslovechevron@gmail.com.

I am back, do not worry. I did miss last week's W/orW/out heat tutorial, but in my defense I have been working on a very special post that has taken me forever. My makeup collection! Yey! So come by later and check it out.

For today's tutorial I will be showing you how crimp your hair. This is in the section of Without heat. The only thing you will need is small rubber bands and hairspray. 

This is probably the easiest way to crimp your hair. It doesn't take forever to do, and it will really test your braiding skills.

I got this idea last night. I had braided two small braids in my hair for youth group. When I got home, and I took the braids out, my hair was crimped! Whenever you take out your braids, your hair is wavy, right? Well imagine taking out small braids! 

Let me show you how it's done! 
  • Wash your hair or get it damp. You can do this with dry hair too, but I find it easier with wet hair. 
  • Easily enough start braiding your hair. You need to do small braids to get the crimped effect, you can make the braids really tiny (it will take longer, you'll have more hair to braid), or you can make the braids bigger (the bigger the braids, the less hair you will have to braid, but it won't look crimped, more waved).
  • Braid as far as you can and then rubber band. Move on to the next section. 
  • I made 13 braids and just spread them around. They weren't exact, as you will be able to see in the pictures, some places are more scrunch-y-er. 
  • Once you have all of your hair braided, sleep on it! When I am doing no heat styles, I always sleep on them. It was really comfortable, and you can pull the braids back into a ponytail to keep them out of your face. 
  • In the morning, take out the braids and run your fingers through your hair. DO NOT USE A HAIRBRUSH!!! 
  • Spray in some hairspray and pouf up your hair. It will be very textured, but that is how you want it to look.
This is a great technique to use on humid days because you want it to be POUFY! Having it poufy is also great because you can't feel all of your hair. My hair feels like a cloud! 
This is as soon as I took the braids out. 


 This is with hairspray and several poufing sessions.

I hope you like this post, come back soon for my makeup collection!

XO AnnaD