Wednesday, June 10, 2015

Babysitting Ideas to Kill Time: For Girls

I started my new job last week, and I was super excited.  I am babysitting Tuesdays and Thursdays all day for three little girls who go to my church. I have been babysitting my little sisters for three years with Abby, and any other times we babysit, we do it together. I have a mission trip this summer, so getting this job was great timing! I am doing it by myself this time and it has been great! 

Last Thursday, the girls and I really got down to business with summer fun. While we were playing I just kept coming up with fun ideas for babysitters with girls. Check them out!

Painting nails is a great way to kill time. The girls are probably going to want to paint your nails too. If you are afraid of being painted over and over and having globbly nail polish, don't bring nail polish. 
 Wear your hair down or in a ponytail, you're gonna have to take it down. Don't tell them to stop after only five minutes. Let them do your hair as long as possible.

Lipgloss is the only thing you should ever consider as makeup when you are babysitting. 

Girls love to dance, if you think that the day is kind of dragging down, put on some music. It will tire out the girls and you! ONLY play appropriate music.

I can't take my kids into the pool because I am only 13. But we have found away around that! Play with water, put on a swimsuit and fill up the balloons! You can find tons of water games at the Dollar Tree. 

Obviously, not all of the time you can play outside, pick a book to read together. Take turns reading with the girls. 
Whenever you are cooking/preparing, whether it be lunch or a snack, let the kids help! Bake cookies or cupcakes or a cake at least once.

I hope you enjoy this post! I have a few other babysitting posts I'd like to do, so stay tuned!

XO AnnaD