Thursday, June 18, 2015

With or Without Heat: 3 Hairstyles To Go Swimming In

Welcome to With or Without Heat, my hair curling and waving series. This series will appear on Thursdays so come on by to learn new tutorials on how to curl your hair. We will use several different techniques, and several different products. If you have any questions or ideas you can contact me at girlslovechevron@gmail.com.


Today I will not be doing a tutorial, but a hairstyle. We all know how hard it is to maintain a hairstyle when swimming. It's next to impossible! There are only a few hairstyles that I think should be worn to the pool, and I would like to make them known.

The first and easiest is wearing your hair down. When you come out of the water your hair won't be as tangled. You can easily put it into a bun/top-knot straight afterwards. 

If you prefer your hair out of your face (like me), I suggest french braids. The braids will stay in and you will find it looks great before and after the water. It's hard to find good hairstyles to wear in the water when you have layers. I have long layers and I always find myself stopping the braid at my neck and sticking it in a ponytail. 

 Bringing your hair back into a tight ponytail at your neck will keep your hair from your face, nice and sleek, and you will not need to redo it. Sometimes I do is a chain braid off of my ponytail and then I can twist it into a bun after the water. 




Thank you for reading! Check out my pinterest page here, you can find hairstyles, crafts, and lots more. Follow me by email and be sure to let me know what you thought of this post!

XO AnnaD