Saturday, October 10, 2015

The Art of Fall: Special Spice Pancakes

Hello Everyone!


This is a post for my new fall series, The Art Of Fall, that appears every saturday from Oct. 10 - Nov. 22. I hope you will enjoy it and give me feedback and ideas for other posts like this! Keep reading for a special treat you can use during Fall.

The recipe parts of this fall series I am doing also goes with my Girls Will Cook series I started awhile ago. You can find extra tips to help you get through this cooking experience and to help the food come out right here.

My mom makes the best pancakes ever. They always have different spices and stuff in them that fit the season or occasion. The ones she's been making lately have so much flavor, and so many spices! The pancakes make you feel like it's fall, even if the day is so hot you're getting scorched from under the air vent, or the day is so cold snow is falling inside the oven, these pancakes will help you get in the spirit of fall.

My mom doesn't measure anything, she just throws stuff in the batter. I measured the amount of the actual spices to make it easier. It's okay for you to throw in stuff too, but I recommend starting small just so that you don't ruin the pancakes ;)

Special Spice Pancakes:

Makes 6-7 pancakes

Ingrediants:
1/2 - 3/4 cup of milk
2 tablespoons of melted butter
1 egg
1 cup of flour
2 teaspoons of baking powder
2 tablespoons of sugar
1/2 teaspoon of salt
1/4 teaspoon of allspice
1/2 teapsoon of vanilla
1/2 teaspoon of cinnamon
(optional) a sprinkle of pumpkin pie spice

Directions:


In a mixing bowl, beat milk, eggs, and butter. Add flour, sugar, baking powder, and salt. Mix well. Stir in the all spice, vanilla, cinnamon, and pumpkin pie spice.

Place frying pan on stove at medium heat and slighty grease. Pour 1/4 cup of pancake batter onto pan. Flip the pancake after about 3-6 minutes or when golden brown. Both sides should be golden when the pancake has been taken off the heat.

Pour syrup over your pancakes and enjoy! I hope you like this recipe and you find it easy enough. If you have any questions, you can contact me at girlslovechevron@gmail.com. Thanks for reading!

XO AnnaD