Sunday, January 3, 2016

Messy Bun Tutorial

Hello everyone!

After a long series of writer's block, I have returned with a tutorial on the Messy Bun. I have perfected this bun and am finally able to let you all know how to create it. I previously struggled with this hairstyle and I know many others have/are as well. But after constant practice, I have gotten the hang of it. As this year get's going I know it will be nice to have a new hairstyle, so let's get into this tutorial!

This hairstyle is great for second day hair, right after work, after school, etc. Any hair will work for this tutorial, but I recommend hair that is a bit texturized. You can get the texture from dry shampoo, undone braids, or air-dried hair.

You'll need a rubber-band, a hairbrush, and optionally, hairspray.

Directions:
Brush all the knots out of your hair. Flip over your hair so it hangs down. Gather with your fingers the hair all at the top of your head in a ponytail, but do not secure with rubber-band. Flip your hair back over, still holding ponytail. Pull rubber-band over the ponytail halfway, making a bun. Twist rubber-band and scoop up all hair with same hand. Wrap rubber-band around the hair and once more. Pull loose and tuck in hairs to your liking. Hair spray the bun to give it an extra secureness.

I have attached this awesome video I found on YouTube that follow's exactly how I do my messy bun, so you can have a visual of the directions.


And here's the link incase the video decides to be mean to you: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GpSUbepwvw0

XO AnnaD