Thursday, June 16, 2016

Who's Anna Grace? Summer Reads 2016

Summertime is a great time to read. Open up a book and get to it. I have 20 books for y'all to try so go on to the library and check some out.

20 books! Some that I've read, some that I haven't. If you see a star next to a title it means I have not read the book.

Let me know if you've read any of these books or have anymore books for my next book list. Alright, time to get started!

20 Summer Reads 2016

1. Matched by Ally Condie
2. On The Fence by Kasie West
3. Anne Of Green Gables by L.M. Montgomery
4. Song of My Heart by Kim Vogel Sawyer
5. Stealing the Preacher by Karen Witemeyer (check out the book before this called Short Straw Bride!)
6. The Giver by Lois Lowery
7. * Cinder by Marissa Meyer
8. Love, Ruby Lavender by Deborah Wiles
9. Legend by Marie Lu
10. A Daughter's Inheritance by Tracie Peterson and Judith Miller
11. The Maze Runner by James Dashner
12. Flipped by Wendelin Van Draanen
13. The Circle Series by Ted Dekker
14. * Once Upon A Kiss by Robin Palmer
15. * Graceful by Wendy Mass
16. Sisters Grimm by Michael Buckly
17. * The Lightening Thief (Percy Jackson and the Olympians #1) by Rick Riordan
18. * This Present Darkness by Frank E. Peretti
19. * When Calls the Heart by Janette Oke
20. The School for Good and Evil by Soman Chainani

I'm looking forward to reading the books that I haven't yet and I hope you are too. Reading is amazing and I don't think it should ever be considered a chore so try not to make it seem like one. Every single book on this list is a wonderful read, so do not doubt the fact that you could pick up any one of these books and enjoy it.

Almost all these books are great for ages 11+, but some are heavier and harder to comprehend than others so I have picked those out. I would recommend The Circle, A Daughter's Inheritance, Song Of My Heart, and possibly This Present Darkness (I haven't read it, so I don't know for sure) for the ages 12+. I recommend The Maze Runner and Legend for 13+.

Read books and stay happy!

XO AnnaD