Thursday, December 1, 2016

Countdown To Christmas: Day 1: DIY Paper Chain Christmas Countdown

Happy first day of December! I'm here with something new, but similar to what I did last year with my 12 Days of Christmas countdown. Countdown to Christmas! Every day for the month of December (until the 25th) I will be posting DIYS, present ideas, family fun, and etc.

I also found a countdown to Christmas with bible verses. It's only 1-2 verses each day, so I will be posting daily with the countdown to Christmas posts here on my blog. The verse for today is:

Jeremiah 33:14-15 - Behold, the days are coming, declares the Lord, when I will fulfill the promise I made to the house of Israel and the house of Judah.  In those days and at that time I will cause a righteous Branch to spring up for David, and he shall execute justice and righteousness.

If you have something in particular you want me to try, or make to post, let me know with an email to girlslovechevron@gmail.com or a comment down below.

In our home, when we put up our decor for Christmas, we always make a paper chain with 25 rings to hang up as well. Then, each morning beginning December 1st, we rip off one chain. As the chain gets shorter and shorter, it gets more and more exciting.

It's a simple and fun craft to do with your siblings, kids, or just for yourself! You're going to need:

  • Red and green construction paper (or any other colors)
  • stapler or tape
  • scissors
Begin by cutting strips of the paper about 2 1/2 inches wide. You will need 25 strips: 12 of one color, and 13 of the other. Once finished with the cutting, make one chain by stapling/taping the ends together. Loop the next strip through the chain and staple it's ends together. Continue this until you have a 25 chain long paper chain.

 *You have to make the chain this way! You cannot make chain of one color and then go back an connect them with another, this doesn't work. You must go one through the other.



I hope you had fun making this chain! Don't forget to rip off one chain everyday to countdown! Come back for the rest of my countdown to Christmas, and if you would like updates on whenever I post, put your email into that subscribe box on the right.

Love you all!

XO AnnaD