Saturday, December 10, 2016

Countdown to Christmas: Day 10: DIY Small Gift Bags

Hello again!  I'm AnnaD, and I am so happy you're here at my blog. Welcome to my Countdown to Christmas, it's filled with DIYs, family fun ideas, present ideas, and more! You are currently reading Day 10 of this countdown, but if you would like to read the previous posts, look to the right under Archives and December. Also, be sure to subscribe by putting your email into the subscription box on the right!

Verse of the day: Matthew 1:24 - When Joseph woke from sleep, he did as the angel of the Lord commanded him: he took his wife...


 Today I have prepared a DIY for you all. I'm going to show you how to make homemade gift bags! These gift bags are tiny, but could be enlarged with a little extra work, if you would like them to be bigger. I made a template for the tiny version which is what I'm going to be showing you all how to make. It's just a sketch that I would like to add some extra features to, but should work for now. You will be able to download the template at the end of this post.


What you will need:

  • Paper or wrapping paper
  • Scissors
  • Glue (i.e. glue stick, hot glue, mod podge)
  • String or ribbon
  • gift bag template
  • hole puncher
Start off by cutting out your template. Only cut along the outside edges, the lines on the top are guidelines for where your handles will go, you won't need that, so just cut straight across the top. 



Now, if you have strong enough paper, you can skip this step, but if you are using wrapping paper, I suggest this. Glue the cut out template a piece of wrapping paper that is larger than the template. Then, cut out the glued together papers. Hole punch two holes on each of the larger sides or one on each side with the most lines. 


Fold along all of the remaining lines. I would wait on the line that goes across the left side on the middle until the very end. It would be difficult to do it while you're folding now. 

Now, once all of your side are folded, begin gluing the flaps together. The two smaller flaps on the bottom will be blued onto a larger flap, and the last larger flap glued on top of those. The thin strip should be glued to the side opposite of it. 



The bag itself is done now, and so you can add the strings/handles. Thread your ribbon or string through the holes. Leave the tails hanging towards the inside of the bag, Tie know on each end to secure them. Do the same on the other side. 



Now you can personalize the bag in the way you would like. I added a bow, and I would've liked o make a tag, and even put edging on as well. Have fun with it!
 Back 
Front
Side

I had so much fun making these bags and will be doing this again for sure. I hop this helped you with your Christmas wrapping because it sure did help me! Here is my template:
Come back tomorrow, and please subscribe! 

XO AnnaD