Monday, December 12, 2016

Countdown to Christmas: Day 12: Butter Mints Recipe

Happy Monday! We are now 13 days away from Christmas! I wondering if any of you are as excited as I am? Check out the previous posts in this Countdown to Christmas on the right under archives, and be sure to put your email in the subscription box to get emails whenever I post!

Verse of the day: Luke 2:4-6 -  So Joseph also went up from the town of Nazareth in Galilee to Judea, to Bethlehem the town of David, because he belonged to the house and line of David. He went there to register with Mary, who was pledged to be married to him and was expecting a child. While they were there, the time came for the baby to be born...

Today I have a recipe for butter mints. If you have never tried these, you should give it a go now. They are super easy to make, and super yummy to eat. 

I made these a couple years ago around Christmas and they made a ton! I only made a half recipe because the original recipe makes 200 small mints! I totally recommend this recipe if you're looking for a fun snack to make in under 30 minutes.

Old-Fashioned Butter Mints - Easy, no-bake recipe for creamy, smooth mints like your grandma kept in her candy jar or that you'd get in a restaurant!

I also think that these are perfect gifts to give to teachers, neighbors, or even your friends. Fill a jar with them and tie a bow around it to make a wonderfully delicious present.

Old-Fashioned Butter Mints - Easy, no-bake recipe for creamy, smooth mints like your grandma kept in her candy jar or that you'd get in a restaurant!

I found my recipe from Averie Cooks, and this is the recipe I've used before. I would be interested in trying it with cream cheese as I've seen in many other recipes, just to see the difference. If I find one that I like, I'll be sure to post about it. Here's the recipe from Averie Cooks:

Old-Fashioned Butter Mints - Easy, no-bake recipe for creamy, smooth mints like your grandma kept in her candy jar or that you'd get in a restaurant!

Averie Cooks: Old Fashioned Butter Mints

Thank you for reading! Subscribe and let me know if you have any questions!

XO AnnaD