Saturday, December 24, 2016

Countdown to Christmas: Day 24: Christmas Styles - Fishtail Half Up

Hello! I'm AnnaD and this is my Countdown to Christmas. Since today is Christmas Eve, this series is almost over, but all the posts from earlier this month are still here, and available for you to read. Just go to the archives on the right and you will find them all there. You can also find the subscribe box on the right. Put your email in there for updates whenever I post.

Verses of the day: Luke 1:32-33 - 32 He will be great and will be called the Son of the Most High. And the Lord God will give to him the throne of his father David, 33 and he will reign over the house of Jacob forever, and of his kingdom there will be no end.”

It's Christmas Eve, and the next time I post, it will be Christmas and my Countdown to Christmas will be officially over. It's a sad but happy feeling that I'm getting. I'm relieved to be done with this series, but at the same time, I don't want it to go. Aww, the wonderful feelings of the holidays. 


I decided to finish this series with a bang. One more hair tutorial just for the fun of Christmas and my countdown. Here's the Fishtail Half Up. 

You will need:

  • A Hairbrush
  • 3 Small Elastics
  • Hairspray *Optional
Split the hair in a deep part. Gather a medium section of hair at the front of your head, pulling the section away from your face. Fishtail braid that section. Tie it off with a small elastic. Now on the opposite side of your head, do the same. 

Once you have both sections of hair braided, tie them together with your last elastic. You can pancake the braid slightly if you want, to give the style more volume. Spray with hairspray. 


You can also do this on any type of hair! That's the glory of this style. It will look differently on different types of hair, but you'll be happy with the results no matter. 

Merry Christmas Eve! Love you all, 

XO AnnaD