Thursday, January 12, 2017

Birchbox: January 2017 Reviews

For Christmas this year, I got a subscription to Birchbox. I'm very happy about it because I get new beauty and hair samples every month sent to my door for only $10 a month. So far, I have received two boxes. The first one was made up of their best sellers because I had not yet set up my account. This month's box I got to personalize, though, and I actually got things that I wanted/needed.

I'm going to try to share the boxes monthly, but today we'll just be testing the waters with this month's box. January 2017 Birchbox:

 It's funny, I feel like getting the box itself is just as exciting as the products. The last two boxes have been absolutely gorgeous. Last month's box was chic and pretty, and this month the box is artistic and inspiring. Can't wait to see the February one!

When You receive the box, it comes with a card. On one side is a note from birchbox about this month's theme/inspirations and on the other side they have all of the products they've included in your box. The products have a little bio and also their prices on birchbox next to that. It's very helpful and informative if you were going to purchase a product, or do a review 😉


Oribe Impermeable Anti-Humidity Spray | Full size is between $22-$39 - I can tell you with complete honesty and knowledge that this product works. I especially like it because I've never used a anti-humidity spray, and I love how it works without greasiness! It's easy to use and spray on and it smells super good. 


Klorane Dry Shampoo with Oat Milk | Full size is $20 - When I first used this dry shampoo I was not expecting the amount of pressure that was in the bottle. It did it's job very well, coating my hair in a white powder that was easy to rub in. It was little white, but the more I ran my fingers through my hair, the better it looked. I will say that the volume I got from this dry shampoo was amazing as well. It looked as if I had washed and blowdried my hair. 


IpKn Moist & Firm Beauty Balm SPF 45 | Full size is $35 - This has an interesting story. So I accidently put the wrong skin tone in when I was personalizing my account. I said light/medium, and I am definitely light not light/medium. So this BB cream is a little dark for me. I'm saving it for the summer, because maybe by then I'll have a tan. Anyways, the cream's coverage is very good, but for sure, it's main priority is sunblock. If you're looking for that, this stuff works. 


Eyeko Skinny Liquid Eyeliner | Full size is $18 - I love this eyeliner. I don't use eyeliner very often, but this one has a very controlled tip, so it's super easy to apply. I will say that it is not waterproof whatsoever. It will easily some off in any water so be careful concerning that.


Pixi by Petra Glow Tonic To-Go | Full size is $18 - At first, when I applied this tonic pad, I noticed my red spots becoming redder. It really freaked me out, but I waited a few moments and I saw them going down. Once I waited a few more minutes, I could clearly see my red spots going down, almost completely! It was a refreshing use after I got over the fear of my growing spots on my cheeks. 

That's all for the January 2017 box, but I will be trying to do this again. I loved reviewing the products, so it makes this even better. If you want to subscribe to birchbox, you can go here

Also, birchbox is partnered with SELF magazine and because of that, for this month, they are doing a free SELF New Year's Challenge. The challenge is a full month of step-by-step workouts and easy recipes. You can check it out here

If you want to see more reviews like this, let me know! Thanks for reading, be sure you subscribe for future posts, and check out my previous posts! 

XO AnnaD